X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course 6 Spring 2006???

Well, I have 4 papers on hand
    I sat for course 5 this November - SECOND TIME!!! (but i know i will not pass)
    I am just wondering is it wise to take course 6 on Spring 2006 (my second time - I got 5 last time) or wait until conversion???
    If I do sit for course 6 on Spring 2006 then I will probably sit for course 8 - (Investment part ) on Fall 2006 (hopefully get ASA before conversion)
    Am I thinking too prefect???

Please advice. Thanks!!!

Originally posted by ChrisW
    Well, I have 4 papers on hand
    I sat for course 5 this November - SECOND TIME!!! (but i know i will not pass)
    I am just wondering is it wise to take course 6 on Spring 2006 (my second time - I got 5 last time) or wait until conversion???
    If I do sit for course 6 on Spring 2006 then I will probably sit for course 8 - (Investment part ) on Fall 2006 (hopefully get ASA before conversion)
    Am I thinking too prefect???

Please advice. Thanks!!!
    Chris - if you've seen Course 6 before, I'd say to give it a shot. If you believe that you can adjust the way you studied from last time, and really figure out a way to get those few extra points to get a 6, then go for it. Even though Course 6 won't help you with the FAP modules, you might still want to try and take it, since you already have experience with it, and almost passed it last time.

I'll be taking Course 6 in the spring as well - conditioned on whether I pass the Course 5 we just took. And keep believing - you may have still passed Course 5!

Comment

Originally posted by wat
      Chris - if you've seen Course 6 before, I'd say to give it a shot. If you believe that you can adjust the way you studied from last time, and really figure out a way to get those few extra points to get a 6, then go for it. Even though Course 6 won't help you with the FAP modules, you might still want to try and take it, since you already have experience with it, and almost passed it last time.

I'll be taking Course 6 in the spring as well - conditioned on whether I pass the Course 5 we just took. And keep believing - you may have still passed Course 5!
      But it seems that even passing course 6 doesn't help us get an ASA under new conversion system at all, are we wasting our time on something that is useless and worthless???

Please advice

Also, have you started your study program for course 6 yet???

Comment

But it seems that even passing course 6 doesn't help us get an ASA under new conversion system at all, are we wasting our time on something that is useless and worthless???

Please advice

Also, have you started your study program for course 6 yet???
        Well, that's been the sentiment. Why? Course 6 gives you credit for modules in the new system, but nothing more.

Personally, I'll only be studying for Course 6 if I passed Course 5, which I took this past November. I'll know my future a little better on Jan. 13th. It's up to you to do some soul-searching as to whether you feel taking Course 6 now is worth it or not.

For now, though, I have started studying for Course 6. I'm starting with the notes, taking my own outlines as I work through the notes. It's going kind of slow, but I'm trying my best. Right now, I'm done with 5-6 notes so far.

Comment

Originally posted by wat
          Well, that's been the sentiment. Why? Course 6 gives you credit for modules in the new system, but nothing more.

Personally, I'll only be studying for Course 6 if I passed Course 5, which I took this past November. I'll know my future a little better on Jan. 13th. It's up to you to do some soul-searching as to whether you feel taking Course 6 now is worth it or not.

For now, though, I have started studying for Course 6. I'm starting with the notes, taking my own outlines as I work through the notes. It's going kind of slow, but I'm trying my best. Right now, I'm done with 5-6 notes so far.
          Wat:

as far as i know, passing course 6 only gives u credit on FSA modules, but excluding capstone module, nothing else!!!
          what does FSA modules use for??? it doesn't help us to get ASA at all!!!
          does it mean that if we get an ASA and eventually we only need to pass the capstone module in order to get FSA???

correct me if i am wrong

thanks

Comment

Wat:

as far as i know, passing course 6 only gives u credit on FSA modules, but excluding capstone module, nothing else!!!
            what does FSA modules use for??? it doesn't help us to get ASA at all!!!
            does it mean that if we get an ASA and eventually we only need to pass the capstone module in order to get FSA???

correct me if i am wrong

thanks
            If you only pass Course 6, but not Course 8 (don't lose hope in passing Course 5!), you won't get your ASA before the transition, and Course 6 will give you credit for the FSA modules, which do not progress you any further towards your ASA. However, you are right in assuming that in order to get your FSA once you're done with your ASA, you'll only need to do the capstone module and Exams DP & CSP.

If you manage to pass Course 6 and Course 8 in 2006, and you take the APC before 2006 is done, you qualify for your ASA under the pre-conversion rules. However, you'll still need to go back and do the FAP modules if you want to get your FSA.
            Last edited by wat; December 18 2005, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wat
              If you only pass Course 6, but not Course 8 (don't lose hope in passing Course 5!), you won't get your ASA before the transition, and Course 6 will give you credit for the FSA modules, which do not progress you any further towards your ASA. However, you are right in assuming that in order to get your FSA once you're done with your ASA, you'll only need to do the capstone module and Exams DP & CSP.

Wat:

If you manage to pass Course 6 and Course 8 in 2006, and you take the APC before 2006 is done, you qualify for your ASA under the pre-conversion rules. However, you'll still need to go back and do the FAP modules if you want to get your FSA.
              So, it seems to me that my fastest way to get both ASA and FSA is take course 6 (and pass it - even though i don't have to but i took once before and hoping to passs it this time and take credit from it) then take FAP modules (plus APC if pass FAP), then take capstone module and Exams DP & CSP ..... and FSA done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! right??? (even the result has not come out yet, I have no hope that I could pass it - i had misunderstood one question and answer it incorrectly!!!)

Comment

So, it seems to me that my fastest way to get both ASA and FSA is take course 6 (and pass it - even though i don't have to but i took once before and hoping to passs it this time and take credit from it) then take FAP modules (plus APC if pass FAP), then take capstone module and Exams DP & CSP ..... and FSA done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! right??? (even the result has not come out yet, I have no hope that I could pass it - i had misunderstood one question and answer it incorrectly!!!)
                Hm. That may be the case. I'm also guessing you don't have any pre-2000 PD credits, correct? If so, then yeah - you might not be able to do much else.

Here's my situation - I have all the preliminary exams and the associated VEE. I'm waiting for my results for Course 5 (and don't give up hope!). If I pass Course 5, I will be taking Course 6, and hopefully will pass that to get my ASA. I've also taken my Course 7 pre-test (and passed), so if I pass Course 6, I'll also be planning to take Course 7 in either August or December. At that point, if I manage to pass all that, I'll decide on whether it's best to take Course 8 at that point, or just wait for Exams DP & CSP to come along in 2007.

At any point, if I do not pass Course 5 or Course 6, I'll give up on getting my ASA before the conversion and carry on with the modules. Personally, I can't see taking Course 6 and Course 8 with the outside hope that you can obtain your ASA in that fashion. It will probably be less stressful and "easier" if you do the FAP modules and the 2 exams, which are planned to be offered for the first time in August 2006 and January 2007, respectively. It has been said that the FAP exams will have a passing rate similar to that of the current Course 7, which is about 75-85%.

Best of luck with your decision!

Comment

Originally posted by wat
                  Hm. That may be the case. I'm also guessing you don't have any pre-2000 PD credits, correct? If so, then yeah - you might not be able to do much else.

Here's my situation - I have all the preliminary exams and the associated VEE. I'm waiting for my results for Course 5 (and don't give up hope!). If I pass Course 5, I will be taking Course 6, and hopefully will pass that to get my ASA. I've also taken my Course 7 pre-test (and passed), so if I pass Course 6, I'll also be planning to take Course 7 in either August or December. At that point, if I manage to pass all that, I'll decide on whether it's best to take Course 8 at that point, or just wait for Exams DP & CSP to come along in 2007.

At any point, if I do not pass Course 5 or Course 6, I'll give up on getting my ASA before the conversion and carry on with the modules. Personally, I can't see taking Course 6 and Course 8 with the outside hope that you can obtain your ASA in that fashion. It will probably be less stressful and "easier" if you do the FAP modules and the 2 exams, which are planned to be offered for the first time in August 2006 and January 2007, respectively. It has been said that the FAP exams will have a passing rate similar to that of the current Course 7, which is about 75-85%.

Best of luck with your decision!
                  My situation is I am not working at insurance field nor financial or banking fields, so I don't know anybody who is fellow. In this case, I have to get into insurance field AND someone who is fellow in order to administrate me taking the exam!!!

So.... that means I have to give up UNTIL someday in the future.... (God knows!!!)

Comment

My situation is I am not working at insurance field nor financial or banking fields, so I don't know anybody who is fellow. In this case, I have to get into insurance field AND someone who is fellow in order to administrate me taking the exam!!!

So.... that means I have to give up UNTIL someday in the future.... (God knows!!!)
                    Well, you don't have to get into the field first. You could just get in touch with a fellow somewhere close to you, and have him/her supervise your FAP exams. It need not be someone that works with you or is your boss.

Comment

Working...
                    X