This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want advice

Am a student studying for Bachelors degree in computer Science in India.
    Am good at maths and hence would like to pursue a career in actuarial sciences in USA.But i am confused as to how do i start.Should i take admission for a graduate or undergraduate course.when shopuld i give the exam.Will i have any difficulty in getting job because am of an international student.Please help me.

Companies will require you to have a bachelors degree so you should definately take more undergraduate courses. If you can, you should take VEE courses offered at your university. Exam P is offered four times a year and you sign up for it when you feel you're ready for it. Read www.beanactuary.org for recent updates and info. This site's more difficult to navigate, www.soa.org , but also has exam related information. Getting a job in the US will be very difficult as an int'l student.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

HI, I'm currently studying Cambridge A-Levels in Malaysia, I'm interested in doing actuarial science after that. Is actuarial science more to maths or finance/insurance?

Comment

Well in my opinion, its a juggle between both. An Actuary needs to be a master of as many trades as possible if you're the ambitious kind. It definitely needs alot of math skills and is one of the prime reasons why most people rarely decide to choose this field as their lifetime career. A sound financial knowledge is a definite yes to a successful career in this field.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_lazar
          Am a student studying for Bachelors degree in computer Science in India.
          Am good at maths and hence would like to pursue a career in actuarial sciences in USA.But i am confused as to how do i start.Should i take admission for a graduate or undergraduate course.when shopuld i give the exam.Will i have any difficulty in getting job because am of an international student.Please help me.
          Please don't post on the same thing in multiple places - post it in one place and someone will answer your question.

Sorry - just a *huge* pet peeve of mine, if I see someone ask the same question in 2 or more places I'm more inclined to just ignore the question being asked.
          "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

lol Irish Blues. I love how you posted in the "things that drive you crazy" thread immediately after replying to this.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyP
              lol Irish Blues. I love how you posted in the "things that drive you crazy" thread immediately after replying to this.
              That's how much it drives me crazy - I just needed to vent about it and something else to make myself feel better.

And yes - I feel better after having done it.
              "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Working...
              X