This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after P,FM,M,C...

I am working for my M and C exams this year. Just wondering after finishing the 4 exams what would be the next step for me? I checked SOA website but it is quite confusing, there is nothing said about course 5. So, shall I take course 5,6,7 sequentially? Or is there other exams to be taken? Could someone expain the whole exam system to me?

Originally posted by Edith
    I am working for my M and C exams this year. Just wondering after finishing the 4 exams what would be the next step for me? I checked SOA website but it is quite confusing, there is nothing said about course 5. So, shall I take course 5,6,7 sequentially? Or is there other exams to be taken? Could someone expain the whole exam system to me?
    There's no Course 5 anymore.

After the preliminary exams and the VEE, there are a few components left:

For ASA:
    Fundamentals of Actuarial Practice (FAP) Modules 1-8 and FAP Exams 1 & 2
    Associateship Professionalism Course (APC)

For FSA:
    (Requirements for ASA plus)
    FSA Modules (no number yet) and FSA Capstone Module/Experience
    Exam DP: Design & Pricing
    Exam CSP: Company/Sponsor Perspective
    Fellowship Admissions Course (FAC)

May 2006 is the last time Course 6 is being offered, and November 2006 is the last time Course 8 is being offered. So, if you're planning to finish Exam M & Exam C by the end of the year and you won't be involved in the upper-level exams until 2007, then you'll enroll in the FAP modules in 2007. You don't need to worry about Courses 5, 6, 7, 8 or Professional Development (PD) anymore.

Comment

Thanks for the information! But I have some more doubts: To prepare for FAP modules and exams, ususally what materials are in need?
      I studied for my P,FM,C and M exams all based on Prof. Broveman's study manual. Just wondering if there are similar kind of study manuals available for the advanced exams?

Comment

Originally posted by Edith
        Thanks for the information! But I have some more doubts: To prepare for FAP modules and exams, ususally what materials are in need?
        I studied for my P,FM,C and M exams all based on Prof. Broveman's study manual. Just wondering if there are similar kind of study manuals available for the advanced exams?
        Nothing's out yet. According to the SOA, there shouldn't be a need for manuals - these exams should be completed with a ~80% passing rate or so. The only "exam" that currently has those kind of pass rates is the Course 7 pre-test, and there are only 2 manuals available for that "exam".

On the other hand, BPP is trying to solicit any information from participants in the FAP program - what they feel might be beneficial for BPP to sell and how these students can get ahead with additional material/explanation available from BPP. So, if you go to BPP now, there should be no materials on the FAP modules, but there is an area reserved for future products, should there be a demand.

Comment

Working...
        X