• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number1
    replied
    Originally posted by joeorez
    Dear Prof,

I am a Fellow and have offered to be the actuarial liaison to XXX University. In the short run, they seem to be unaware about the 2005 syllabus and the need to get their appropriate econ, finance and stats courses approved by the society. In the longer run, there are no doubt other career advice I can offer. I wrote to the math chairperson first, who suggested a particular faculty member to liaise with. Repeated email attempts with that faculty member have gotten zero response. Shall I just assume they are not interested, and give up? Any suggestions?
    I'm not a professor but I'll offer some advice. 1) You could go back to the math chair and simply mention that you had tried to correspond with the math liaise and what would he thinks you should do at this point...be nice and just ask him politely...be mild in the manor you ask. 2) create the demand...if you know a student or two who goes there have that student approach the math liaise with questions about the actuarial field, or that student could write a note to the chair suggesting they offer support for actuarial programs.

After that, it sounds like you have done all you can do.

Leave a comment:

• joeorez
    started a topic Actuarial Liaison to University

Actuarial Liaison to University

Dear Prof,

I am a Fellow and have offered to be the actuarial liaison to XXX University. In the short run, they seem to be unaware about the 2005 syllabus and the need to get their appropriate econ, finance and stats courses approved by the society. In the longer run, there are no doubt other career advice I can offer. I wrote to the math chairperson first, who suggested a particular faculty member to liaise with. Repeated email attempts with that faculty member have gotten zero response. Shall I just assume they are not interested, and give up? Any suggestions?
Working...
X