Exam 2 Study Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam 2 Study Guide

i just found out i passed the exam p. yeah!

i studied almost strictly from the sample exams at beanactuary.com, occasionally glancing at my probability text book, "mathematical statistics" by hogg.

i want to dive into exam fm now and i was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice.
    there are several study guides available and i am not sure which one i should buy. i am looking at actuarialbookstore.com and i think the one by broverman looks like it is written the best (judging by the sample pdf files available).

my knowledge of financial mathematics is nearly nonexistant at this point and i hope to find a study guide or text book that works from the very basics and covers everything that is needed for the 2nd exam.

does anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

I would suggest you peruse the forum area devoted to FM discussion.
    act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

For FM I really think one of the textbooks is the best start if you don't have the background - and then a study manual with a lot of practice questions.

Comment

Originally posted by crayolaab
        For FM I really think one of the textbooks is the best start if you don't have the background - and then a study manual with a lot of practice questions.
        I disagree. I had no interest theory background and I learned everything from just ASM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen
          I disagree. I had no interest theory background and I learned everything from just ASM.
          I'm going to do the same. I have looked at samples of the study guides and the text books as well as reading all of the posts in this forum related to FM/2study guides and it seems like ASM (Cherry) teaches from a basic level and covers all that is needed to take the exam. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

I think some of the problems experienced with this FM sitting (problem 5, and one of the other possible disputed ones (21 maybe?) ) came from just using the manual - and not learning *all* of the material as presented in the texts. Now, I haven't seen ASM so I'm not sure - but this seems to be the consensus at a different forum.

Comment

I have to take two semesters of in depth financial mathematics for my major, so I'll probably wait until after that to fill in what wasn't taught and take the exam.

Comment

Working...
              X