Repeated courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeated courses

When mentioning my GPA should I include both grades of a repeated course, or just the repeated one? I received a D and an F in Linear Algebra and Computer Programming, and repeated them and received an A+ in both. If I include the first and second grade, my GPA will change from a 3.20 to a 3.10. It would also lower my statistics major GPA from a 3.5 to a 3.3. How much will this hurt me, and which GPA should I mention on a resume.

Originally posted by DVK916
    When mentioning my GPA should I include both grades of a repeated course, or just the repeated one? I received a D and an F in Linear Algebra and Computer Programming, and repeated them and received an A+ in both. If I include the first and second grade, my GPA will change from a 3.20 to a 3.10. It would also lower my statistics major GPA from a 3.5 to a 3.3. How much will this hurt me, and which GPA should I mention on a resume.
    I believe you should put the lower GPA on there. While it won't look as great as it would if you left it off, it's being truthful. If your GPA comes up in an interview, then you have a chance to explain yourself. That's what I would do.

Comment

Gpa

Your university has rules about reporting your GPA, and you should follow that. Your official transcript will have your GPA on it -- this is what you should report. If you fudge, and then in order to hire you they ask you for an official transcript and see a different number, you are asking for trouble. Or do you plan to refuse giving your employer an official transcript? This is not a goo strategy either. Finally, the employer may call your college professors for reference, and the one who is your adviser will have your GPA and has the right to comment on it to the employer.

Yours,
      Krzys'
      Last edited by krzysio; April 9 2005, 02:11 AM.
      Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
      X