actuarial exams and university

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actuarial exams and university

what is it that makes the actuarial exams hard? to pass the exams does it only require putting a lot of time to study? is it possible to graduate from university (for example university of waterloo with a degree in actuarial science) with 6 exams passed? is it true that actuaries have salaries equivalent to that of doctors and lawyers?

Originally posted by ALI
    what is it that makes the actuarial exams hard?

They cover alot of material. The first exam alone covers a typical two semester college course in mathematical statistics, which assumes a two to three semester course(s) in calculus and possibly another course in probability. The later exams cover much more than this one.

to pass the exams does it only require putting a lot of time to study?

You can study for 1 million hours but if you don't understand the material you won't pass.

is it possible to graduate from university (for example university of waterloo with a degree in actuarial science) with 6 exams passed?

Probably, but it's highly unlikely.

is it true that actuaries have salaries equivalent to that of doctors and lawyers?
    Not all lawyers make six figures. Not all doctors make seven. Some actuaries are CEOs and make eight. It's a good career that can earn you well over the minimum wage.

Comment

Well my answers are inside and after the quote. Guess I cannot break up quotations in my answer.

Comment

thank you for your reply =)

Comment

Working...
        X