University for Actuarial Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University for Actuarial Science

Does anyone here know which is the best Unversity in USA offering Actuarial Science major or concentration program?

Originally posted by hatake_kakashi
    Does anyone here know which is the best Unversity in USA offering Actuarial Science major or concentration program?

Best? No clue. I'm majoring in Mathematical Sciences with the Finance and Actuarial Science option at NJIT. I believe another New Jersey school (private school) offers a specific 'Actuarial Science' degree, but all an 'Actuarial Science' degree is is extensive calculus, statistics+probability, with finance, accounting, and some programming.

Comment

That's like asking who has the best football program in Division I-A. It's subjective (especially with the stupid BCS - but I'll omit that rant for now). You can get opinions on easily 20 schools with strong programs in actuarial science, but I'm not sure you could definitively say "this school is THE BEST".

Besides, IMO if you can do the work and you have the committment, you could graduate from Joe Schmoe College in B.F. Nowhere and do just as good a job as someone who graduates from a "very good actuarial program" - the difference being that initially, that other person has a leg up based on coursework.
      "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

The Directory of Actuarial Schools on Actuary.com may give some help in showing you the types of actuarial programs available at certain schools...as well as # of people graduating with exams, etc. www.actuary.com/actuarial-science-schools
        Actuary.com - www.actuary.com
        Email - [email protected]

Comment

I go to Joe Schmoe College and I think our program is really good. I'll ignore your rude comment about us.
          Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Best university?

The answer depends somewhat on your objectives, and also on whether you are an American or a foreign student. You can review the list of schools at www.beanactuary.org. Please note that some schools only offer an undergraduate program (so if you want a Master degree, you can't go to those), some offer a graduate degree but only a Master degree (so if you want a Ph.D., you can't go there).

I direct the Actuarial Program at Illinois State University
            www.IllinoisState.edu/actuary/
            so if you have questions about our program, I welcome them, probably best in an e-mail to: [email protected]

Best wishes in your career. Yours,
            Krzys' Ostaszewski
            Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
            X