Help for career changer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for career changer!!

Hello! After 4 years out of college in two Account management and marketing positions, I am ready to do something I love. (That, and I was living in New Orleans and lost everything, so I might as well use this time to pursue a career that I'm interested in.)

I was a finance major in college, and always loved math, statistics, etc. I had thought about actuarial science in high school, but went for a more general business education instead.

So, my question is...what should I be doing to prepare myself for the examinations? I realize I am at a disadvatage since I've been out of school so long, but is it possible to get 'back in the game'? I can audit math classes at a local college (which has an actuarial science major), but I guess I'm just inquiring as to whether I might be in over my head. Thanks!

If you can still pass exams, you're still game. Go to www.soa.org and try out some previous course 1 exams. Rather than going back to school, you'll probably want to study on your own.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Working...
    X