I have question about colleges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have question about colleges

Do you believe that graduating from a glamorous school matters?

For eaxample, University of Illionis-Urbana Champaign is generally

known as a 'better' school and Roosevelt University is generally known as

an 'average' school. Thank you for your time.

Whichever school has more companies recruiting for actuarial students is a better school for you in my opinion. It will be a lot easier for you to get interviews. UIUC probably has more companies looking to recruit actuarial students and would therefore qualify as a better school in my mind. From an employer's point of view, show that you have exams passed, have a decent GPA, and show that you're an interesting person and you should be fine.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Internships matter

It matters also whether you have internship experience, and skills needed in the entry level position. If you are in Illinois, you should look at Illinois State -- I am the director of the program at Illinois State. We have a class that teaches computing skills employers look for, and many employers come to us: see names of them here
      http://www.math.ilstu.edu/actuary/events.html
      Pass at least one exam, get an internship, learn to program Visual Basic in Excel, learn Excel thoroughly, learn Access. Good luck.
      Yours,
      Krzys' Ostaszewski
      Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

I have no internship experience and no computer skills. Sounds like I am '''''ed.
        Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Working...
        X