X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

Hi,
    I have some questions that I would like to ask if anyone can give me some advice.

I have a math major with a minor in computer science. I am not strong in math or computer science, but I will improve my math and computer science while planning to take actuarial exams. Although I am not strong in mathematical proof, I am very strong in integration, derivatives, and differential equations. I only have a probability class. Should I try to take more probability class to help me in this field? Right now, I am working on my AA in accounting and I am almost done.

If I am very interested and curious all of the fields such as health and insurance, property and casualty, investment, etc... and I would like to take all of the exams if I can. However, I noticed that there is not a lot of actuarial program in California or a training school that I can attend to. Does anyone know what schools in California will offer a training program or an actuarial degree? Do these schools offer online class training? How about schools in other states, do they offer online training program as well? Where do I sign up for these exams? I would like to prepare myself for these exams. Thanks.

a.t.
    Last edited by mesmerine; November 11 2005, 11:58 AM.

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/?categoryID=1260076

listing of all the schools that offer actuaraial science or related program.

Comment

also www.actuary.com/actuarial-science-schools
      Actuary.com - www.actuary.com
      Email - [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by mesmerine

If I am very interested and curious all of the fields such as health and insurance, property and casualty, investment, etc... and I would like to take all of the exams if I can. Where do I sign up for these exams?
        a.t.
        You should know that the first four exams are all the same for "all of the fields such as health and insurance, property and casualty, investment, etc... " and most people don't finish all four before they finish school. There are application forms avaliable at www.soa.org to take the exams.
        Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Thank you so much for the links.

at

Comment

Working...
          X