X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Pove This

Could you help me prove this?

E[z(K)] = z(0) + summation([1 − G(k)] delta z(k)) evaluated from k=0 to positive infinity.

Wouldn't it help if you explain what z and G are?
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
      Wouldn't it help if you explain what z and G are?

Ohh...my apology.

Attached is a pdf file that might help you prove the equation. The highlighted equation is the one that needs to be proven.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slughorn

E[z(K)] = z(0) + summation([1 − G(k)] delta z(k)) evaluated from k=0 to positive infinity.
        This looks familiar. If it helps, think of z(k) as l_k, where l_k = number of people alive at time k.

l_0 = number of people alive originally. The probability that they're alive is 1, since no one can die before the study starts. Try and work from there.

Also, it may help to think of G(k) as a probability distribution function, not a density function. g(k) is the corresponding density function.

Comment

Pleasehelp me prove this

Thanks for trying to help me...

Please follow the link below and help me prove the equation. I am a new student of actuarial science, and was trying to look for available means to :survive"

http://www.actuary.com/actuarial-dis...oto=nextoldest

Many Thanks!

Comment

Hmm... how many points is this problem worth, or is it extra credit?
            Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Hahaha! It actually is our second assignment... The first ones easy...

The problem with this is that, i still have to go over summation by parts, which i have taken ages ago. Please understand.

Peace!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                Hmm... how many points is this problem worth, or is it extra credit?
                I am a part -time student, so i find it hard to go over pages and study right there and then "summation by parts" just to prove this equation...but of course i'll get to that later...

Comment

It might just be me, but the link doesn't work for me. It takes me to a thread called "Uploading of Exam P ..." or something.

Comment

Scroll up the thread pls

Scroll up the thread pls...ther's a pdf file there that i have uploaded...Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wat
                      It might just be me, but the link doesn't work for me. It takes me to a thread called "Uploading of Exam P ..." or something.

Pls try this link instead...Thanks!

http://www.actuary.com/actuarial-dis...0&d=1132707886

Comment

Sorry, your homework problem isn't interesting enough to make me want to do it for you.

Comment

Don't know if this helps - right side of first page.

http://www.maths.qmw.ac.uk/~boris/asnotes10.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by slughorn

I'm not sure if you saw, but Professor Broverman answered your question in the duplicate thread:

http://www.actuary.com/actuarial-dis...read.php?t=997
                            act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

Thanks a lot Prof Sam Broverman

Thank GOD there's prof Sam Broverman, I really thought i wont be able to find someone so pure of heart as this man.

Thanks to you too. Pal.

Thanks everyone who have participated in this thread. God bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X