This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minimum college g.p.a. to be hired?

Is college g.p.a. a strong hiring influence, or is it primarily the number of exams passed? Has anyone been told that their gpa was not high enough (by an employer or recruiter), or what a gpa had to be? I'm not asking a general "higher gpa is better, duh" kind of question, but I want something specific.

thanks

I've seen some places say 3.0 required, 3.3 required, 3.5 required, but they really aren't set in stone. Rules are meant to be broken.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Originally posted by billvp
      Is college g.p.a. a strong hiring influence, or is it primarily the number of exams passed? Has anyone been told that their gpa was not high enough (by an employer or recruiter), or what a gpa had to be? I'm not asking a general "higher gpa is better, duh" kind of question, but I want something specific.

thanks
      I'd say the GPA's Ken mentioned are valid. It's primarily the exam passings that companies look at first. Some companies may ignore GPA while some will rule you out if you have less than what Ken mentioned. It can go either way depending on the company. Of course, if you get some very high exam scores that can always help.
      Last edited by Denny Crane; December 2 2005, 09:58 PM.
      P. S. I'm Denny Crane

Comment

Gpa

Originally posted by billvp
        thanks
        Let me add to the previous comments (with which I agree) that in my experience working with my students, GPA below 3.0 makes things really difficult, and GPA above 3.7 tends to make things much easier. The part about being below 3.0 is expecially strong. This is somewhat unfair, but is. You can overcome this obstacle somewhat by passing exams, but if you have a GPA below 3.0 and interview very badly, passing one exam may do nothing at all for you. So work to bring that GPA up, and trump it with exams, good inteviewing skils, and enthusiasm for the career (it is well placed).

Yours,
        Krzys'
        Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
        X