From Accountant to Actuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Accountant to Actuary

Helleo everyone, I am an accountant and currently working on qualified expience to get CPA certificate. I had a MS in Accounting and BC in Economics. Want to change my career and gain more money. Is my idea of switching to Actuarial field practical and how to start? Any advice is highly appreciated... Thank you

Someone please help me. Any advice? Thanks a lot in advance!

Comment

You start by passing an exam or two and then applying to companies. I'm thinking Deloitte, KPMG, PWC, and E&Y would value your CPA.
      Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Chech out www.beanactuary.com. Like Ken said, pass a couple of exams and you'll be ready to go to work. It's that simple

Comment

Thank you guys for the info. I am thinking to take 1 or 2 exams and then go to find a job. But Since I haven't touched math for about almost 10 years and work full-time, how long does it usually takes for people like me to get the 2 exams done? Also, I heard insurance industry provides better exam support and pays more than consulting firms, will my CPA be valued in insurance industry also? Thanks a lot!

Comment

How long it takes depends entirely on the individual. Get the study guides and start cranking your head. Since you already have a CPA your Math should be decent. Jst brush up on the Calculus(not tested directly) and Probability and you're on your way

Comment

I thought it says somewhere recommended 100hrs/exam hr. That's 300 for P and 200 for FM.
              Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

I thought that was a joke, as I -never- take that long to study, but... 6 weeks later and I'm just now feeling confident, rofl. I'd say I've put in 75-100 hours on my own, but that doesn't include my probability course last semester.

Comment

Your class counts as a lot of hours and that's just a guideline anyways.

Comment

Working...
                  X