For those of you who have passed P and FM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who have passed P and FM

I'm taking P in February, and feel very confident right now - I'm considering working on taking FM next, and am wondering if you think it'd be realistic to be prepared for it by late May (I'm taking a course in FM right now, the first of two semesters, but it is moving very slowly (3-4 weeks for chapter 1 of Theory of Interest), so I would most likely be working through the material on my own).

I think I'm going to study for it after Exam P is over, and if I feel confident I'll be ready, I'll sign up for it by mid-March.

I am planning on doing the same thing. The advice I have been given is that as long as you put in the hours on learning and practice the number of months does not matter. I live where there are a lot of actuaries, and many of them wish the exams had been offered more frequently so that they could have done the exams in a shorter time frame.

Miles
    Proper prior planning prevents poor performance!

Comment

I'm definitely going to have P, FM, and M by graduation, though I'm not certain if I'll do C on my own or wait until I have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by SirVLCIV
        I'm definitely going to have P, FM, and M by graduation...
        That's what they all say.
        Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Originally posted by SirVLCIV
          I'm definitely going to have P, FM, and M by graduation, though I'm not certain if I'll do C on my own or wait until I have a job.
          If you're in an actuarial program where the coursework supports you taking C, it's not a horrible idea. Otherwise, IMO I wouldn't go past M/3 unless you've got experience (internships). If you take 4/C and have no experience, it looks like you're fantastic at taking exams and that's it.
          "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
            That's what they all say.
            Isn't that what you did?

Comment

I'm a doer, not a sayer.
              Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Nice one Ken. Makes you look all cool and all.

Comment

Working...
                X