Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much writing do I need?

Hello, everyone. I am new here.

I have a question about the writing. How often does a actuary write, on daily base?

I don't know anyone who doesn't write at least every day.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

It depends on how we're defining when an actuary writes something. If we're talking about communicating ideas with others, then yes - actuaries write daily, and it's critical to be able to communicate what you have to say to others who might not know what you're talking about. Even if it's a supervisor you've been working on a project for, it's critical that you can pass on whatever information you discover.

If we're talking about actuaries writing something formal (even as mentioned above with "here's what I found with the project I did"), I wouldn't say it's every day but it's still fairly often; that depends more on the amount of work one has and the number of people who are interested in that work. Could be multiple times daily, could be once a day. The higher you are, the more you'll write.
      "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

First, thanks Irish Blues and Ken. I mean the formal writing, does the formal writing like a research paper, very lenghty?

Comment

As a n00b, don't worry about it. That kind of stuff would only come into play if (A) you're at least an ACAS and (b) you find a topic that hasn't been covered by someone else. And even then I think it's rare unless you're just one of those people who wants to say, "I've been published 23 times in the last 5 years!"
          "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Working...
          X