Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About 2 month, Is it enough for exam FM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About 2 month, Is it enough for exam FM ?

now, deadline for register exam FM is 7 April and I have never read any book about this field

I have just bought ASM's, Derivatives Market and Guo's and am going to start to read it today.

The examination day is about 19-25 May 2010. So I have time to prepare about 1.5 months.

I'm not sure I can take it in time. How much is the FM extent ? Should I register for exam FM ? :shocked:

Could anyone please give me any suggestions or experiences in preparing this exam(the time you used approximately) ?

Thankfully,

Ps.Actually I can register in the next season(in Augest) but I'm afraid the day will overlap with my midterm exam.
    Last edited by COMICS; April 4 2010, 08:49 PM.

I'm just gonna respond with info I gathered from my research, since I have yet to take an exam or register for one. Some people have to study for as much as 400 hours to pass, while others can pass with less than 200 hours. There are forums about this. You can search them.

Comment

I just started studying a few days ago and I have scheduled my FM sitting for May 21st. My first child is due in June, so the August sitting is NOT and option.

I am in the same boat as you and throwing caution to the wind!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cmack View Post
        I just started studying a few days ago and I have scheduled my FM sitting for May 21st. My first child is due in June, so the August sitting is NOT and option.

I am in the same boat as you and throwing caution to the wind!!!
        Ha Ha Ha

Now, I have already registered the exam :smiloe: and I will make an effort extremely.

Good luck !

Comment

I believe that the best motivation to get on the ball and study is to register for that exam. Even if you feel you aren't prepared. The worst that could happen is that you fail and have to try again. No big deal.

Dedicate at least 2 hours per day to studying and don't put too much effort into each individual section. Overplan your study time because things happen and chances are you won't stick to it exactly. Falling short of an ambitious target is better than falling short of a practical target.

The meat of the studying (at least for me) was in the problem solving. Get through the material quickly and then start taking the practice exams. Then go back to the specific sections that you don't get right. That way, you don't spend too much time on easy stuff and you can concentrate on what you really need. Good luck, I think you can do it if you are able to put in the time.

Comment

Working...
          X