No announcement yet.

Need advice on taking calculus classes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on taking calculus classes.

I know that this question is asked generally on the boards. I would appreciate any feedback on my taking calc III.

I took Calc I 16 years ago. Passed FM last year. I failed P/1 a few times so I took a took calc II this summer but wound up passing P/1 the first week of class.

Should I take Calc III? Do I need it for MLC or MFE? or more specifically (since this is an actuarial forum) what is the probability:coolman: of passing without. I'm not one of the math geniuses on here but not quite a dolt either.

Any advice is appreciated.

Originally posted by UniblabInc View Post
    I know that this question is asked generally on the boards. I would appreciate any feedback on my taking calc III.

I took Calc I 16 years ago. Passed FM last year. I failed P/1 a few times so I took a took calc II this summer but wound up passing P/1 the first week of class.

Should I take Calc III? Do I need it for MLC or MFE? or more specifically (since this is an actuarial forum) what is the probability:coolman: of passing without. I'm not one of the math geniuses on here but not quite a dolt either.

I think calculus III is only useful up to double/ triple integration. The following parts like Green's theorem, Stoke's theorem and so forth are not helpful for actuarial exams.
    A&J Study Materials (anjstudymanual.com)

Provides study manuals and questions banks for exam P/1, FM/2 and MFE/3F

Comment

Originally posted by UniblabInc View Post

Don't waste your time with CALC III...the only thing you would need to know is double integration but since you've passed P already I'd say you are all set. Anything you might possibly need to know you can just learn on your own and you will save a TON of time by not taking a class.

Comment

Thank you for you concise, helpful guidance. It is very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X