This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBA in Statistics

I am currently a MBA student with concentration in Accounting. I am thinking about getting into the actuary field. Should I swith my major to MBA in Statistics?
    Would that be helpful to get a job or as long as I pass the exam is OK? Thanks?

Originally posted by crossislander
    I am currently a MBA student with concentration in Accounting. I am thinking about getting into the actuary field. Should I swith my major to MBA in Statistics?
    Would that be helpful to get a job or as long as I pass the exam is OK? Thanks?
    Having a specific major/graduate concentration is not as important as passing actuarial exams. Intuitively, having a concentration in statistics will be more beneficial to passing the exams than having a concentration in accounting, but as long as you can pass the exams, either concentration will be okay.

Comment

MBA in statistics

As I see it, you should add mathematics, and take as much mathematics as a mathematics major. Statistics in a business school means much, much less than in a mathematics department. You need mathematics. Three semesters of calculus, followed by solid probability and mathematical statistics classes (not statistics, I stress, but mathematical statistics). If your statistics instructor does not know what Pearson-Neymann Lemma is, you are wasting your time by taking statistics in a business school.

Yours,
      Krzys' Ostaszewski
      Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
      X