Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fsa or fcas or both?

hi everyone

i am new here. i wanna get some info from you guys.

1: fsa and fcas , which is more popular especially in north america

2: generally how long it takes to be both a fsa and a fcas...i know it's pretty challenging, but i guess some one must have made it come true.

3:does the university courses cover all the soa exam material ?

thx for your answering

Originally posted by laolelaole View Post
    hi everyone

i am new here. i wanna get some info from you guys.

1: fsa and fcas , which is more popular especially in north america

2: generally how long it takes to be both a fsa and a fcas...i know it's pretty challenging, but i guess some one must have made it come true.

3:does the university courses cover all the soa exam material ?

thx for your answering

1) I believe the SOA has more members, but I don't know the statistic within North America.

2) I know of at least one individual that has both the FSA and the FCAS designation. And I think there was an article in "The Future Actuary" that is either written by or about a person that was in their mid 20's and one or two exams away from getting their FCAS (they already had their FSA). Not sure how long it takes, though. It takes individuals as short as 2-3 years to get their FSA (w/out taking CAS exams).

3) I don't think there is any university that covers all the material from EVERY exam. It wouldn't be practical - not many companies would invest the money in an FSA that hadn't done any practical work in the field.

In addition, if you're not already familiar with an actuarial science undergraduate program, a bachelor's degree would usually cover most of the preliminary exam information and usually not cover any of the upper-level examination material. To me, the longest part of the journey is the upper-level exams - much harder than the preliminary exams.

Comment

Quite a few people have both their FSA and FCAS - it likely gives them an advantage in a few things, but mostly it's an "I can say I did it" thing more than it is necessary for everyday work.
      "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Working...
      X