This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Security

Could you all tell me how you would evaluate Social security relative to its bennefit to society and as it bennefits an individual? How should I determine if I am better off with it or with out it?

Originally posted by davemr
    Could you all tell me how you would evaluate Social security relative to its bennefit to society and as it bennefits an individual? How should I determine if I am better off with it or with out it?

Individually, we are better off without Social Security because we can invest the money that would have been taken out of our paychecks to fund Social Security into insured bonds for a better interest rate without giving up the guarantee. However, that assumes people will do that and as a whole, people will not, and as a result we would have tons of elderly people living in extreme poverty. Social Security should not be abolished but those of us with the motivation to properly invest the money should be given the option to do so. This is why I support Pres. Bush's Social Security reform, it does not require anyone to invest their Social Security funds but it does gives us the option to do so.

Comment

Working...
    X