This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's your job hunting going?

The actuarial job market looks a bit better than last year. So do have guys have problems landing entry level positions?

I know that the past three years people graduating from my university have had no problems landing entry level jobs.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

I have not yet find a job after I graduated from University at April, i am so fraustrated. I live in Canada, 4 exam passed, no actuarial work experience. i am going to move to US, and am not sure where I should go in US?

Comment

You might consider looking for a job before you move if you're moving because you can't find a job. Maybe consider NY, CT, and Chicago?
        Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

How easy is it to move around the country and find jobs within this profession? I am changing careers (I have been working as a CPA for the past 5 years and plan on maintaining my CPA license) to actuary (take the first two exams this fall). My husband is military, which translates into moving every 2-4 years for the next 15 years. Is this a career stopper?

Comment

Originally posted by LRK
            How easy is it to move around the country and find jobs within this profession? I am changing careers (I have been working as a CPA for the past 5 years and plan on maintaining my CPA license) to actuary (take the first two exams this fall). My husband is military, which translates into moving every 2-4 years for the next 15 years. Is this a career stopper?
            It's possible. It depends on the type of company. I wouldn't apply to many small insurance/consulting companies. The small companies are looking for longevity - it's not economically feasible for them to spend time and resources training students and having them pick up shop and leave in a short time frame. It will be hard to pick up requisite experience if you're perceived to move quickly.

Good luck with your job search.

Comment

Hard to get a job

Originally posted by sundwarf
              The actuarial job market looks a bit better than last year. So do have guys have problems landing entry level positions?
              I had no luck finding an entry level job for the past two months

Comment

How many exams have you passed?
                I'm worried that success on P and FM will not be enough to get me a job this summer.

Comment

This probably isn't that helpful but I see a banner at the top for PacifiCare that says, "Immediate Actuarial Opportunities! - Entry Level to Director Level - click here." Give it a try.

Comment

I think it is really hard to get an entry in Canada. It seems situation in Canada is quite different with in US.

Comment

Working...
                    X