This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Market in Washington D.C Maryland Virginia Area

I live @ Virginia at this moment and just wondering how is the Actuarial Job market in this area. As I did my research I notice that there is a lot of people in this industry is working @ Chicago area. Therefore that kinda gives me perspective that Chicago is where most of actuarial jobs are and if we need to get a decent actuarial job Chicago is the place you need to go.... I'm not sure that if it is the fact or it's just my misunderstanding (I wish it's just my misunderstanding). Is there anyone who is working at the area I live right now can give me some idea about the job market of Actuary around Washington DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia area. Also the Entry lvl job requirement if possible.

Any possible help will be really appreciated!!

Best Regards

nickye,

Try the SOA Membership directory. You can check for credentialed actuaries in DC and the surrounding areas. I know that GEICO is in Bethesda, MD and there are some consulting firms with large practices in DC. Best of luck!

THI

Comment

Originally posted by nickye
      I live @ Virginia at this moment and just wondering how is the Actuarial Job market in this area. As I did my research I notice that there is a lot of people in this industry is working @ Chicago area. Therefore that kinda gives me perspective that Chicago is where most of actuarial jobs are and if we need to get a decent actuarial job Chicago is the place you need to go.... I'm not sure that if it is the fact or it's just my misunderstanding (I wish it's just my misunderstanding). Is there anyone who is working at the area I live right now can give me some idea about the job market of Actuary around Washington DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia area. Also the Entry lvl job requirement if possible.

Any possible help will be really appreciated!!

Best Regards
      If you want to be in Northern VA/D.C. area Geico is probably your best bet untill you have more exams/experience to go to one of the consulting firms in that area. There are several companies in Richmond and Lynchburg if you are interested in other areas of VA, but you will have to look them up (or work with a recruiter) to find out if they are hiring someone at your level.

Comment

Working...
      X