X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam Process Credits

Hello,

A job application form asked me how many credits do I have under the SOA exam structure? Since I have passed the first two exams, what number of credits do I possess? I'm thinking of marking the answer choice "more than 0 but less than 60".

Thanks

Originally posted by Krieger
    Hello,

A job application form asked me how many credits do I have under the SOA exam structure? Since I have passed the first two exams, what number of credits do I possess? I'm thinking of marking the answer choice "more than 0 but less than 60".

Thanks
    You should mark the answer choice, "Update your application, because the system you're referring to has been done away with since 2000."

Those refer to pre-2000 exams. If there's a place you can write in, do so. Technically speaking, you don't have credits. I'd also be weary of a company that doesn't know that the system's been updated since the 2005. They're probably not going to have much of a study program. If there's no space, you can elect to not select anything, and if they ask, you can give them the full explanation. If they don't know what you're talking about, then you're going to want to back away from the company slowly ... no sudden movements.

Comment

Actually, this is with Calpers, the largest pension fund in America. But would you say 0 < credits < 60 is accurate?

Comment

Actually, this is with Calpers, the largest pension fund in America. But would you say 0 < credits < 60 is accurate?
        I really wouldn't be able to say anything. I probably wouldn't mark anything - I'd probably attach a short note explaining why I didn't mark anything. That really calls for an update of an application.

Comment

I believe 60 credits equals 2 exams on the old system. And, you do not want to rub anyone the wrong way so I would try and keep things up beat rather than telling them they are behind the times. If you have to select a number, as I say, I think the first full two exams equals 60 credits on the old system but I could be off on that. If you can write in something, state the specific exam names you have passed.

Hello,

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X