This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career Move

I graduated over five years ago with a B.S. in finance and have since worked in the IT staffing industry. Having been considering the actuarial field for some time, I've recently decided to make the move. It's been over six years since I've had any statistics or calculus courses so I'm looking for some advice on how to best prepare for the first actuarial exam. Any suggestions on specific study materials and/or classes would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've been considering auditing a lower division stats course at sf state. Would this be a good idea? Any help would be great

Thanks,

Mike
    San Francisco

Hi Mike San Francisco. You might want to look at some study manuals. I wouldn't consider taking classes unless you learn a lot better in a class than on your own. If you do need to take a class, you might look into some seminars specifically for exam P. Taking a look at the text books on the SOA syllabus would be a good start.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Working...
    X