Banner Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portability of SOA/CAS credentials in Europe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portability of SOA/CAS credentials in Europe?

Hi

Was wondering how "portable" are the American Actuarial qualifications (SOA or CAS) in Britain or other European countries. To be certified also over there, is only a bureaucratic thing or one has to take all/part of the required exams?

Thnx and best regards

Institute of Actuaries info

Take a look at this:

http://www.actuaries.org.uk/Display_...s/soaexemp.xml

To my best knowledge, other European countries do not allow reciprocity, but it is not unusual for American actuaries to practice at American consulting companies outlets, or global companies, such as reinsurance companies (Swiss Re, Munich Re, etc.).

Yours,
    Krzys'
    Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Originally posted by Mark
      Hi

Was wondering how "portable" are the American Actuarial qualifications (SOA or CAS) in Britain or other European countries. To be certified also over there, is only a bureaucratic thing or one has to take all/part of the required exams?

Thnx and best regards
      Have a look at the English Institute of Actuaries and Scottish Faculty of Actuaries websites for more details (just Google them)- things will be changing soon because both the US and UK exams have recently changed.

BUT - the FoA and IoA do offer like-for-like 'exam credit', in terms of transferring SOA/CAS exams to the UK system, it's just a bunch of paperwork and a small processing fee. There are also a lot of international firms in London in particular which seem willing to hire based on US credentialing.

I have not actually passed an exam yet so I haven't been looking too closely at jobs, but I do know it is possible to transfer American credentials to the UK. I'm sitting the US exams because I will be back there within a few years so it made more sense...

Comment

Working...
      X