Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XL

Who do you think is going to win?

I think this will be an excellent game. I want Seattle to win and I think that they will.
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    66.67%
    Seattle Seahawks
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by PhillyP; January 23 2006, 09:54 AM.

I would like to see Bettis get a ring before leaving, and I think Pitt. can win.
    act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

Originally posted by .Godspeed.
      I would like to see Bettis get a ring before leaving, and I think Pitt. can win.
      I would also like to see the Bus get a ring. Of course the teams I want to win almost never do (or else the Redskins would be in the superbowl).

I just don't think that Hasselback will be able to scramble to avoid the pass rush and while Denver lost because of Plummer's turnovers, Seattle will loose because of the sacks (and possible turnovers resulting from them)

Comment

Originally posted by faramir
        I would also like to see the Bus get a ring. Of course the teams I want to win almost never do (or else the Redskins would be in the superbowl).

I just don't think that Hasselback will be able to scramble to avoid the pass rush and while Denver lost because of Plummer's turnovers, Seattle will loose because of the sacks (and possible turnovers resulting from them)
        Seattle has one of the best (if not the best) offensive lines in the league. I think that they will be able to handle the rush. Also, I feel that if Pittsburgh blitzes a lot they will get burnt a few times on handoff's to Shaun Alexander.

Comment

My wife is pulling for Seattle - mainly because her sister's husband is a huge Steelers fan and no one wants to hear him crow about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl.

It's going to be a good game, I hope people don't stay away because it's not a matchup of two popular big-market teams. Whoever plays the more patient game IMO is going to win - the defenses are too good to risk making the high-risk, high-reward plays.
          "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Irish Blues,

Have you been following Seattle rookie linebacker Lofa Tatupu? He is from your town and all.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyP
              Irish Blues,

Have you been following Seattle rookie linebacker Lofa Tatupu? He is from your town and all.
              He is? (That should tell you how closely I generally follow football.)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Blues
                He is? (That should tell you how closely I generally follow football.)
                haha, well he is a front runner for defensive rookie of the year. Played down there at King Philip High school 5 years back. You'll hear his name plenty during the game.

Comment

We have a Magic 8 ball at work. We asked it on multiple occasions if the Steelers would win. Each time it came back affirmative. We also asked it if the Seahawks would win, and each time it came back negative.

Can't go against the Magic 8 ball.

Now if I only had a Spongebob Magic Conch shell....

Comment

I rolled percentiles (01 being lowest, 00 being highest):

"Will the Steelers win the Super Bowl?" 24
                    "Will the Seahawks win the Super Bowl?" 59

So draw your own conclusion - I'm going with the apparent 17% chance it will end in a tie.

Comment

Does yelling at a TV help your team perform better?
                      Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                        Does yelling at a TV help your team perform better?
                        Yes it Does! Throwing things at it also helps (just make sure you don't break the TV). Also not washing your socks can be what helps push your team all the way to a championship.

Comment

Working...
                        X