Banner Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm still looking & have had this # of interviews so far for my 1st actuarial FT job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still looking & have had this # of interviews so far for my 1st actuarial FT job?

How many in person interviews have you had so far for your first actuarial permanent full time actuarial job? Don't count phone interviews nor second interviews with the same company.
    37.50%
    12.50%
    29.17%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    8.33%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    10 or more
    12.50%
    Last edited by admin; April 8 2005, 06:47 PM.
    Actuary.com - www.actuary.com
    Email - [email protected]

Interview Question

How are phone and screening interviews counted? And what about jobs related to actuarial science, such as risk analyst? I've had three phone interviews, one screening interview, and two regular, if you include the risk analyst position.

Comment

Brent, I'm not sure exactly what you mean "how are they counted", but phone interviews are just like any other interview. Only in this case, you need to do well to get yourself on to the next step. In other words, you won't get invited in, unless you do well. So they are very critical because you need to get yourself invited in so you can move on to the next stage of interviewing.

Treat it just like an in person interview. Know as much as you can about the company, the job, the person you are talking to. Get the person to describe the job to you in more detail then key in on what traits you have that would indicate to that person that you would be a good employee. The entire goal of the phone interview is to get yourself invited in so you can move on to the next step. And then end of the call tell them you are interested, you believe you have the skillset they are looking for and that

Comment

Interview Question

Number 1, actually my question was related to poll tabulation. If I have a phone or a screening interview with a company and then receive an invitation to come in for a formal interview, would that count as 1 interview or 2?

Just count in person interviews and don't count second interviews with the same company.

Thanks
        Last edited by admin; April 8 2005, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X