Banner Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expected Overall GPA Upon Undergraduate Graduation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected Overall GPA Upon Undergraduate Graduation?

What do you expect your overall GPA will be upon graduation on a 4.0 equivalent scale?
    7.37%
    3.75 - 3.99
    23.16%
    3.50 - 3.74
    27.37%
    3.25 - 3.49
    13.68%
    3.00 - 3.24
    13.68%
    2.75 - 2.99
    5.26%
    2.50 -2.74
    6.32%
    2.25 - 2.49
    2.11%
    2.00 - 2.24
    1.05%
    Actuary.com - www.actuary.com
    Email - [email protected]

Is GPA that important in the actuarial field?

Comment

From a hiring perspective, yes. Managers tend to prefer higher GPAs over lower ones when hiring, but GPA is not the only thing we look at. A slightly lower GPA may be given less weight if a candidate has internships, computer skills, outside interests, and of course actuarial exams, etc. A very high GPA might be given less weight if those items are minimal or lacking.

Comment

Do employees care about improvement in GPA, if you have a very low GPA your first year, but you have a high GPA every other year. My first year I had a GPA of around 2.5, but I expect to graduate with a GPA of around 3.2. How much will my 2.0 GPA during my first year hurt my chances of finding a job. My major GPA for Statistics should be around a 3.5, and for Managerial Economics, it will be around a 3.5.

Comment

Originally posted by DVK916
          Do employees care about improvement in GPA, if you have a very low GPA your first year, but you have a high GPA every other year. My first year I had a GPA of around 2.5, but I expect to graduate with a GPA of around 3.2. How much will my 2.0 GPA during my first year hurt my chances of finding a job. My major GPA for Statistics should be around a 3.5, and for Managerial Economics, it will be around a 3.5.
          They would certainly take into account that your GPA improved throughout your stay in college. It's much better than having great grades to start with and having them taper off in your final year. The improvement in grades shows that while you may have made mistakes in your early college career, you're willing to work hard to bring it up and you've learned from your mistakes. I would definitely emphasize your major GPA. You may have to include your overall GPA, but I'd probably just list the major GPA's. If they ask, don't withhold the information and explain yourself. Let them know that your first few years you were unsure of what you wanted to do, but when you found your calling, you pursued it with all your efforts.

Comment

Working...
          X