• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chartered accountancy VS actuarial sciences

which is the better of the 2 ::

ACTUARIAL SCIENCES OR CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY

Based on what criteria?

Since this is an actuarial discussion forum you're likely to get highly biased answers, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by insaan

Isn't it sort of like asking which you'd rather have - your wisdom teeth cut out or 4 root canals? (Personally, I'll take the wisdom teeth route every day of the week.)
      "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Blues
        (Personally, I'll take the wisdom teeth route every day of the week.)
        Having had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once, and several root canals, I concur. Wisdom teeth. The drugs are better and you don't have to go back to get the cap.

(My wife says I was funny while I was coming out of the sedation on the teeth too. I don't remember.)

Comment

hmm.. imo it depends on the person. Chartered accountancy is more likely lesser probability but more accounting. Its also lesser number crunching compared to being an actuary. They are 2 very different fields though they inter-relate at some point. It depends primarily on which one you are leaning too.

Comment

From the accountants I know, if you are in accounting, don't ever expect to take month-end /year-end off.

Comment

Originally posted by insaan View Post

If having strong Quant skills than Actuary otherwise a Medical Student can aslo do a CA so its depend
              Last edited by QuantO; May 29 2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X