Banner Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why go into life and annuities instead of casualty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why go into life and annuities instead of casualty?

Why would someone choose life or annuities to go into rather than casualty for a new actuary starting out?

Go where you can get a job!!!

Comment

I started in Annuities because that's what was available where I live. I'm enjoying it so far!

Comment

Because life and annuities lets you do the financial side if you're into that.
        Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Because not everyone is good enough to do P&C.
          "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

P/C superior to life?

From the posts I've read here I got the feeling that P/C is somehow superior to or more prestigious than life/annuities. Why is this?

Comment

I don't know about prestige, but there's certainly fewer people with the FCAS designation running around than there are people with the FSA designation. In that respect, those who can get through the exam process and get their FCAS will find it easier to pick and choose jobs (and ask for a higher salary).

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

I'd attribute it to the bias from the CAS people.
                Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                  I'd attribute it to the bias from the CAS people.
                  I'll take that as a compliment.

Comment

Why are there less people with an FCAS? does this mean that becoming an FCAS is harder than becoming an FSA in terms of exams or some other variable?

Comment

There are more FSA jobs available so there are more FSAs. SOA does life/health/pension while CAS does only P&C/reinsurance.

Comment

Working...
                      X