Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question?????????????????????

Hi there,

Just wanna know how many decimals do i have to use to rounded in the FM exam, cause i think this an important thing to achieve the exact results in the excercises??????????

Thanks from Bolivia

If you store your answers in your calculator, then you will be exact. However, the answer choices are generally far enough apart to where going three decimal places should be enough to clearly identify the correct answer.

I stored everything when I took FM, though; it seems like the safest route.
    act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

Decimal points

Dear Marco:
      Before the use of financial calculators, the answers on exam 140 (which covered most of current FM, but not yield curve/duration/immunization) used to be very close and carrying all possible decimal points really mattered. Ever since more sophisticated calculators were allowed, they seemed to have eased on that, as the calculator does that job for you in the memory. So you probably do not need to worry that much about this, but it is a very good idea to learn to use your calculator skillfully. Get to know your financial calculator.
      Good luck.
      Yours,
      Krzys'

Originally posted by Marco
      Hi there,

Just wanna know how many decimals do i have to use to rounded in the FM exam, cause i think this an important thing to achieve the exact results in the excercises??????????

Thanks from Bolivia
      Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
      X