Study Guide for Exam FM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study Guide for Exam FM

Hi guys, I will be taking the second exam, exam FM in November. I'm wondering if there are any study guides that give a listing of equations needed for the exam. I'll look more myself, but any help would be great.

Kellison has a good book that has every equation you'll need to know for this exam. In addition, you will probably need the quadratic formula. If you don't know it, www.mathworld.com is a good place to look for it.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Study guide for exam FM

I have written a study guide that is sold by New England Actuarial Seminars:
      http://www.neas-seminars.com/registration/
      and the guide has all formulas you need in the review of the material, with practice exercises, followed by a set of five practice exams. Please note that I post a practice problem every week on this forum. There are other manuals, of course. All the best in your course of study.

Yours,
      Krzys' Ostaszewski

Originally posted by man_in_the_purple_suit
      Hi guys, I will be taking the second exam, exam FM in November. I'm wondering if there are any study guides that give a listing of equations needed for the exam. I'll look more myself, but any help would be great.
      Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Study Guide for Exam FM

Thanks guys for your quick responses. I'll look into both of the sources given. I also found a site at http://www.digitalactuarialresources.com/ which has equation guides for the SOA exams, it look fairly new since there's only a guide for exam FM (lucky me ) I downloaded the samples and it's really nice.

Comment

I think the only reason that there's a guide for FM is because FM has the least number of equations. If you know what's going on, there's no need to memorize 19 pages of equations. It's probably closer to one page.
          Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Study Guide for Exam FM

It might be the case that one doesn't need to memorize 19 pages of equations, but I still think it's a good guide to have. I bought the full version last night and so far it looks very good.

Comment

Originally posted by man_in_the_purple_suit
              This is probably too late - but I have the Kellison and Broverman books and find Kellison the most helpful; I also have the Actex study guide and it is really good at summarising the material, the practice exams are super as well.

My only complaint is that each book uses a slightly different format for notation and it gets confusing.

Comment

Working...
              X