Fap?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fap?????

Does anyone know anything about this FAP thing thats replacing exam 5 and 6??? I heard there are 5 modules then an exam? How will this work?

Originally posted by PhillyP
    Does anyone know anything about this FAP thing thats replacing exam 5 and 6??? I heard there are 5 modules then an exam? How will this work?
    Yeah. The idea is that for the SOA side, Courses 5, 6, 7 & 8 will be replaced in the 2005 conversion. Now, after the preliminary exams and VEE, to get your FSA, you'll need to complete the FAP modules & their exams, the FSA modules and the capstone module/seminar associated with it, and Exams DP & CSP, which are similar to Course 8 in difficulty in length.

For the ASA, you'll need to complete the FAP modules and their exams. The rest of the stuff is only for FSA.

Right now, the modules are separated into two sections - Modules 1-5, which are covered by the first exam, and Modules 6-8, which are covered by the second exam.

It costs $2,100 for a one-time fee to enroll in the modules, and this includes all 8 modules, the 2 Multiple choice exams, and the online reading material to take the modules. This does not include the outside reading texts that are available through Actuarial Bookstore.

Since the Spring 2006 catalog is not out yet, we don't really know what the design of the catalog is just yet, but there is a webcast that candidates can sign up for: go to soa.org and search for "Education Redesign Webcast". You can listen in on what's happening with the redesign and how it may affect us (as test-taking actuarial students) in the long run. I believe the date for this is December 6th (a Tuesday).

Comment

thanks wat. Do you know the specifics of the capstone module yet? I took a course in college where we did this semester long capstone business simulation. I am wondering if its the same or related. If it is the same then its actually kinda fun...which makes me think it MUST be different

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyP
        thanks wat. Do you know the specifics of the capstone module yet? I took a course in college where we did this semester long capstone business simulation. I am wondering if its the same or related. If it is the same then its actually kinda fun...which makes me think it MUST be different
        Nah, not yet. You could sign up for the webcast on Dec. 6th and ask the question - I'm sure others are curious as well. But that webcast may be designed more for addressing the FAP Modules, since those are being rolled out first, while the FSA modules are not planned to be rolled out until 2007.

Comment

Working...
        X