How many exams do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many exams do I need?

How many exams doing hiring companies typically like to see of entry level actuaries that get hired for their first actuarial job?
    Last edited by admin; March 11 2005, 08:05 PM.

Originally posted by number1
    How many exams doing hiring companies typically like to see of entry level actuaries that get hired for their first actuarial job?
    Depends where you are. Canada has an especially strong market for entry-level actuarial students - it's not uncommon for students to enter the work force with at least 4 exams, with some having already obtained their associateship (ASA/ACAS) before graduating. In America, the competition is marginally less fierce. There are several good schools that have many capable students graduating every year that will have 3-5 exams out of college. Of course, there are some that manage to get jobs with smaller companies that have little to no experience and 0-2 exams done. It depends on what you're aiming for. If you want the "big" bucks, study hard and get some exams done. That may get you into the larger companies. If you're content with working for a small insurance company, the demand for exams completed won't be as great.

Comment

How many exams?

If you are American: one exam. If you are a foreiger with fluent English and good
      communication skills, two. If you are a foreigner with weak English skills: three to six exams.

Yours,
      Krzys'
      Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

as wat said, its depends on where u r...
        My friend who graduate in HK completed 1-5 b4 graduate and complete the rest within 2 yrs after graduate... That's amazing for me...
        BUT, he said that it's just the NORMAL SPEED for HKU students...

Comment

How many exams?

I guess I should have asked: Where do you want to be hired? What country? I had assumed in my previous post that you meant the U.S.

Yours,
          Krzys'
          Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
          X