Full-length practice exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full-length practice exam

I am studying to take exam 1 in the spring and I am using the Actex study guide. The end of the book has practice tests but they are only 25 questions and it doesn't tell me about a time limit. I believe that the real exam is 40 questions. Where can I find a full-length exam?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Karen
    I believe that the real exam is 40 questions.
    That's been changed. Exam P has been changed to 30 questions, with 3 hours allotted to completing the exam.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen
      I am studying to take exam 1 in the spring and I am using the Actex study guide. The end of the book has practice tests but they are only 25 questions and it doesn't tell me about a time limit. I believe that the real exam is 40 questions. Where can I find a full-length exam?

Thanks!
      My personal suggestion...(which may not be applicable since the exam material has changed)...print out the last 2-3 exams released, but DO NOT LOOK AT THE QUESTIONS OR THE ANSWERS!!!! (otherwise it ruins the rest of the idea)

In the last 3-4 weeks, take 2-3 "simulated exams" using the previously released exams. Do it under "real exam conditions" - that is, 3-4 hours, no distractions, your calculator and pencils, and *that's it*. The first time you'll get an idea of how to pace yourself (plus know what you need to work on for the real exam), the second time you should get a decent idea of how you'll fare on the real exam.

I've used this method for both sittings, and both times I did about what I thought I would have done in the last practice exam. Plus, I get 1-2 chances to go over stuff I thought I knew but didn't without hitting that problem on exam day for the first time.
      "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Full lenght exam

There is a full length practice exam at:
        www.studymanuals.com/exam1.htm
        and my ASM Manual has four more. If you take my intensive review:
        www.math.ilstu.edu/actuary/prepcourses.html
        there will be an exam in it that will be the same length, and maybe a bit harder than the real exam.

Yours,
        Krzys'
        Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
        X