Traditionally which is harder? Exam M or Exam C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traditionally which is harder? Exam M or Exam C

I keep hearing Exam M is a monster. In their own special way, I bet all of the exams are. However, is Exam C probably the next logical exam to take after you take P and FM?

Originally posted by AndrewH
    I keep hearing Exam M is a monster. In their own special way, I bet all of the exams are. However, is Exam C probably the next logical exam to take after you take P and FM?
    I'm studying for Exam M now and have already taken and passed the old Course 4. I feel the information is more dense in Exam M than Exam C. The general idea is that you can get through Exam C primarily on memorization - if you remember enough of the correct formulas, you can pass. This strategy, in student's eyes, tends not to work as well for Exam M. Setting up the "special" insurances become difficult if all you know are the formulas for the traditional insurances. Exam M is more intuitive than Exam C (to a lesser extent now that econometrics are off the syllabus). Plus, the Actuarial Mathematics material is not the easiest to comprehend.

With that, it may seem that Exam C is easier to take, but it all depends on the person. If it matters, more people tend to openly complain about failing Exam M than Exam C (well, Courses 3 and 4, anyway). I've heard arguments from both, though.

Comment

I agree with wat. Exam 4 is defintely easier than M ( i am not sure about C because there is a whole lot of Simulation now) C4 is more memorisation, but M is more math-intense.So it depends on what type of study suits you better...memorising tons of formulas or going the way of deep & basic concepts of math)

Comment

Originally posted by its_me
        I agree with wat. Exam 4 is defintely easier than M ( i am not sure about C because there is a whole lot of Simulation now) C4 is more memorisation, but M is more math-intense.So it depends on what type of study suits you better...memorising tons of formulas or going the way of deep & basic concepts of math)
        I think its_me made a much better case of what I was trying to say, and in less words, too. Thanks.

Comment

Exam M is harder

Exam M is now undoubtedly harder. Exam C is smaller than old exam 4, because regression and time series are removed. There is new life contingencies material on M, and it is, overall, as I see it, again the "Mother of All Exams", as old exam 140 used to be.

Yours,
          Krzys' Ostaszewski
          Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
          X