• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who really knows

What score is needed to pass

Originally posted by FTG
    Other than the number "6"? Probably the Exam Committee and no one else. The Exam Committees for each exam (and the SOA in general) aren't advocatees of having their examination system completely transparent. Thus, we don't know for sure how many problems correct on any given test will be sufficient to pass or not. If you get none right, then you won't pass. If you get them all right, you will pass. It's somewhere between there.

Comment

Originally posted by FTG
      Everyone talks about the "rule of 60"...if you get 60%, you'll pass. I don't like to think that way - I look at 70% as the sure-fire mark. Get 70%, you'll definitely be OK. IMO, better to shoot high and walk away feeling good than to shoot for 60% and then agonize for the next 6-8 weeks hoping it was enough to pass.
      "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

60% is not a passing score

Whoever told you that 60% passes did not know what he/she was talking about. I have had, unfortunately, students who had exactly 60% and got a 5. You should always, always aim at 70% or better.

Yours,
        Krzys' Ostaszewski

Originally posted by Irish Blues
        Everyone talks about the "rule of 60"...if you get 60%, you'll pass. I don't like to think that way - I look at 70% as the sure-fire mark. Get 70%, you'll definitely be OK. IMO, better to shoot high and walk away feeling good than to shoot for 60% and then agonize for the next 6-8 weeks hoping it was enough to pass.
        Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

80% percent of better when we're talking about the previous P and FM offerings....

Comment

"P" was NOT an easy exam; atleast not as easy as FM. FM had a lot of ppl getting perfect scores but on P, the highest so far has been 26 (based on the popular answer key).

I'd be surprised if the passmark is above 21 on P.

Comment

Originally posted by magic
              "P" was NOT an easy exam; atleast not as easy as FM. FM had a lot of ppl getting perfect scores but on P, the highest so far has been 26 (based on the popular answer key).

I'd be surprised if the passmark is above 21 on P.

Where did you see a "popular answer key"??

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by krzysio
                Whoever told you that 60% passes did not know what he/she was talking about. I have had, unfortunately, students who had exactly 60% and got a 5. You should always, always aim at 70% or better.

Yours,
                Krzys' Ostaszewski
                That was my point - that 60% is *never* a "guaranteed" pass mark, you should always shoot for at least 70% and not have to worry about it. (I just didn't clarify that point completely.)
                "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

so your telling me that 70% is a pass for sure

Comment

They're saying there's no guaranteed pass mark other than 100%.
                    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

so 70 is a pass???

Comment

how do you know that 60 or 70 is not a pass??

Comment

There's no way to tell until scores are released.
                          Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Working...
                          X