kellison solution manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kellison solution manual?

are there enough problems in the kellison book to warrant purchasing the solution manual? also, does his solution manual contain the solutions for all the problems or just the odd #'ed problems?

thanks

Kellison manual?

Originally posted by Rahman
    are there enough problems in the kellison book to warrant purchasing the solution manual? also, does his solution manual contain the solutions for all the problems or just the odd #'ed problems?
    thanks
    Very few exercises in Kellison are like the problems on the real exam FM. So I would say the value of the solutions manual is debatable, unless money is no object to you. Specialized study manuals with a lot of exercises are, as I see it, a better bet. And, of course, you are getting freebies-exercises on this forum, use them.

I have just sent a new version of my FM manual to New England Actuarial Semianars, they sell it at: www.neas-seminars.com/registration/.
    It now has 9 practice exams (to be fair, one of them is the May 2005 exam and one is the November 2005 exam) with complete solutions. If you take my seminar for FM at Illinois State University, I will have a new practice exam written for that: the seminar ends with a real-exam-like test.

Good luck.
    Yours,
    Krzys' Ostaszewski
    Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

I don't know what I keep doing wrong but here goes my third try at responding my responses keep getting lost...

I used both Kellison and Broverman books, got the solution manual to Broverman but not Kellison. I'd say don't bother with a soln manual to Kellison, the problems arent really anything like the exam problems. There are maybe 20-40 problems for each chapter, from my vague memory. I did a few of them for each section to cement topics, but mostly worked problems from Broverman and my study guide/sample problems. Much better use of time!

Comment

Working...
      X