Banner Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just started studying - taking P and FM in may too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started studying - taking P and FM in may too much?

Hi - I just started studying for the first two actuarial exams a few days ago. I was wondering if trying to take the first two exams in May would be too much - I think the probability will go OK once I learn everything but the FM seems harder. I was planning to take both just so I would have a better chance of getting an internship or some other entry-level position. Is there simply not enough time to master the material for both exams from now until May? Thanks
    Actuary.com - www.actuary.com
    Email - [email protected]

Originally posted by admin
    Hi - I just started studying for the first two actuarial exams a few days ago. I was wondering if trying to take the first two exams in May would be too much - I think the probability will go OK once I learn everything but the FM seems harder. I was planning to take both just so I would have a better chance of getting an internship or some other entry-level position. Is there simply not enough time to master the material for both exams from now until May? Thanks
    Dave, Its not at all impossible to take both exams at the same time. But even if you have one exaqm under ur belt you will find internships. Exam FM is not hard but its a bit tricky. Moreover I did not take both the exams at the same time because the actual exam dates followed each other. I was just making sure not to ''''' my first exam because of the second cause we had 2nd on wednesday and 1st on thursday. Hope it helps

Comment

Dave, Its not at all impossible to take both exams at the same time. But even if you have one exaqm under ur belt you will find internships. Exam FM is not hard but its a bit tricky. Moreover I did not take both the exams at the same time because the actual exam dates followed each other. I was just making sure not to ''''' my first exam because of the second cause we had 2nd on wednesday and 1st on thursday. Hope it helps
      Don't ask, just study. Everybody is different. Some people can do it, some not. I am trying to do the same thing. I know can do it, but only if work hard.

Comment

Don't ask, just study. Everybody is different. Some people can do it, some not. I am trying to do the same thing. I know can do it, but only if work hard.
        This is true, but regardless of the type of person, it always helps to have a game plan. If you are serious about taking both exams in May, I would suggest you take a practice exam (about 20-30 questions, depending on the exam) of the material you've prepared for first in late March: no later than the first or second day in April. You'll have a good idea on what you know at that point. Then, you'll have to switch gears over to the other exam's material and study hard for that one. Try to get a practice test or two in of the second test before the last week before the exam. Then, use the last week and a half to review, practice and prepare. Just make sure you set a schedule for yourself for these exams, and you should do okay. Time management is the key.

Comment

Go ahead, its do able. I passed course 2 and 4 last sitting (Nov). However, i did study for a long long time, like since the summer! AND i became old and fat after that.....

Comment

Originally posted by MCBUDDHA
            Go ahead, its do able. I passed course 2 and 4 last sitting (Nov).
            You too? Small world.

Comment

Working...
            X