Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help w/ study materials

Hello!
    I am currently trying to study for Exam FM/2. I am using the Apex study guide because I used it for Exam P/1 and felt that it prepared me very well. However, the study guide for Exam FM/2 only has under 100 pages of notes and the rest is just practice tests. Am I required to use other textbooks with this study guide? I wasn't counting on buying more study materials.
    What study materials would you guys recommend for this exam?
    Do you think just using this study guide for Exam FM/2 is suffice?

Thank You

-yolie

the ONLY thing that truly matters is that you can do the problems correctly and quickly. i haven't seen that actex study guide, so i can't really comment on it. 100 pages is really not that much. if you've seen the material from a text book in the past, you should be fine, if not i'd recommend getting ASM manual (which is EXCELLENT), or getting one of the 2 textbooks

Comment

I would agree that the best way to prepare for these exams is by working through as many problems as possible. With that being said I also believe that it is important to understand how to work a problem from beginning to end without memorizing the solution. For somebody like myself who had never seen the material before, I doubt that 100 pages would have been enough to teach me the material properly without making me pull my hair out. I would suggest getting the ASM manual which has 384 pages of notes and problems in addition to three practice exams at the end. It is well written and very succinct. Good luck!

Comment

ASM Manual

Yes, I strongly agree your opinion because I bought the Actex FM study manual. The notes are not clear enough and not enough for someone who never take any finance class in college.

I would like to buy the ASM Manual, but where I can find this book???

Thanks for all your help

T
        Last edited by Double T; March 24 2006, 05:33 PM.
        Tears stream down your face
        I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

Comment

Go to the website you got the actex books off of. They have the ASM books there too.

I have both, and was lost in ACTEX after chapter 1. ASM is better, but by chapter 3 I am lost again. curses.

still, ASM is light years better than ACTEX for the FM exam if you ask me.

Comment

how about FM study manual by S. Broverman

I had his P/1 exam study manual, it is very good and helpful...........

But i don't know about FM, what do you guys think??

Thanks for all your help
            Tears stream down your face
            I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

Comment

Working...
            X