did my exam today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did my exam today

hey dudes, i did my exam today.. failed.. I really dont understand, I did all the actex and broverman´s problems set and exams... my exam was easier than my broverman´s practice exams... I thought i had 29 sure, ended my exam in 2.20 hours.. and didnt pass... I feel really depressed

Don't worry, sometimes it happens. I felt the same in the first time. Was it your first attempt or no?
    I took this exam 3 times and finally passed today. My advices are
    1) use ASM manual
    2) be careful when you reply on question. Sometimes solution seems obvious, but there is a catch.
    Last edited by SerOga; August 19 2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

me too! I failed in my 1st attempt (I got a 5),although I'm very sure more than 80% of the exam question.
      Today, I have to test again. I hope that the history will not repeat itself :laugh:

Don't give up!!
      Last edited by COMICS; August 19 2010, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Did you think that Actex sample exams were accurate with the exam itself?
        I have Actex 2008 and I took the first few exams. I scored pretty well on them but I took a TIA sample exam and I did horribly.

Comment

Originally posted by leenej View Post
          Did you think that Actex sample exams were accurate with the exam itself?
          I have Actex 2008 and I took the first few exams. I scored pretty well on them but I took a TIA sample exam and I did horribly.
          hello, well, i said before i studied from actex, and brovermans exercises... as you said, actex are pretty easy I scored 29 in four of them and 28 in the last one... they are much more easier than the real exam... in the other hand... i scored about 24/35 in the brovermans´practice exams which i felt more difficult than the real exam.. actually i felt the exam easy.. but well, obviusly, I was so confident when i finished (2.15 hrs aprox) that i didnt check my exam, i should have.. but dont worry you´ll do it great .....What i´ll do is study a lot more for november-december test

Comment

Originally posted by SerOga View Post
            Don't worry, sometimes it happens. I felt the same in the first time. Was it your first attempt or no?
            I took this exam 3 times and finally passed today. My advices are
            1) use ASM manual
            2) be careful when you reply on question. Sometimes solution seems obvious, but there is a catch.
            i´ll study from the asm now... I think I know very well the topics of the exam, so i will read all the manual, and then I will do the exercises thanx 4 the hint

Comment

Originally posted by cokemicho View Post
              ...ended my exam in 2.20 hours
              esto me tomo la attencion. creo que fallaste el examen por que lo hisiste muy rapido. as de ver hecho muchos errores mensos y como ibas tan rapido no tomaste el tiempo de leer bien la preguntas y rebisar que tu respuesta es lo que estan preguntanto. tienes 3 horas de completar el examen so trata de tomar tu tiempo. la materia no es dificil so las preguntas tienen que ser trucosas para serlas trabajosas. alomejor preguntaban por el nominal interest rate y tu respondiste con el effective.

no te sientas mal. ya estudiaste bien todo y podras tomarla otra ves en unos meses. te deseo mucha buena suerte chico. me da gusto ver otro mexicano estudiando para esta careera... y perdona my espanol no tengo practica escribiendola! :tongue:

Comment

Hey guys, just took my exam and passed. Found it a lot easier than I was expecting and many many times easier than the ASM practice exams. I was kind of surprised at how clearly worded and easy to understand the problems were. It was all very straight forward for the most part which I think was awesome.

Anyways, I passed both P and FM this month so I am mentally exhausted after 5 straight weeks of cramming!

Comment

I did my exam yesterday. It was tougher than I expected. The level of difficulty is like... that of ASM's chapter practice problems. Luckily I did all of the questions in ASM.

ASM is the BEST manual for FM prep! :rolleye:

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                    I did my exam yesterday. It was tougher than I expected. The level of difficulty is like... that of ASM's chapter practice problems. Luckily I did all of the questions in ASM.

ASM is the BEST manual for FM prep! :rolleye:
                    I agree. I passed my exam today too! I too studied from ASM manual only and that was all i needed to study from! I found ASM problems were very good practices and i would definitely recommend it, even tho it is harder than the actual exam, you gotta force urself through it! I've taken a FM course in university so most of my studyiing were doing those ASM problems.

Comment

Didn't make it through. ''''s, I was kind of hoping to stay perfect. Felt like I got most of em but got tied up on a almost 9 problems and had to end up guessing. But oh well. I know the concepts just need to focus on doing more difficult problems and more practice exams. And the good thing is I have a free copy of Actuarial mathematics so I will start reading up on some MLC and MFE!

Comment

Working...
                      X