Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are the derivative market or financial economics questions in the actual exams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the derivative market or financial economics questions in the actual exams?

I am using ASM and my test is in August and I'm studying derivative market right now and I'm not sure what to expect on the actual exam.

How are the questions related to derivative market in the exams?

I think you may download the sample questions from SOA.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldy27 View Post
      I am using ASM and my test is in August and I'm studying derivative market right now and I'm not sure what to expect on the actual exam.

How are the questions related to derivative market in the exams?
      According to the SOA/CAS syllabus posted on www.BeAnActuary.org, Financial Economics will constitute 20% to 35% of the exam. This translates to about 7 to 12 questions.

One thing you should watch for: There may be a surprising number of questions on immunization (and the related topics of duration and convexity) on the exam. This is the feedback we have received from a number of students. I plan to post updated errata lists for ASM's FM/2 manual on the ASM website (www.studymanuals.com) in the next few days, and this is one item that will be mentioned. The 5 practice exams in the ASM manual have very, very few questions on these topics. You should carefully review Sections 9c to 9n before you take the exam.
      FSA, MAAA, EA and CEO of Actuarial Study Materials - www.studymanuals.com

Comment

Working...
      X