Passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed

I passed this morning but it was much harder than I thought.
    I was so nervous walking into the exam.
    It took me more time taking the real thing than it took me when i was taking the practice exams.
    I was freaking out when I was running out of time.
    I honestly have no idea what grade I got.

Congratulation ronaldy27. I'm still studying for FM. Hopefully I can take it in October.

Comment

thx I have one week of summer left. I don't know what to do with myself now that I free time. lol
      One advice I can give you guys is KNOW THE MATERIAL.
      Don't let what others say whether it's a good thing or a bad thing influence you.
      I heard from a lot of ppl that ASM practice exams can be harder than the real exam but this only gives you false confidence
      when you see yourself getting scores around 30/35.
      I honestly thought the exam was going to be a breeze, meaning I'll finish the first run through the exam in about an hour and
      finish what I couldn't do the first time under the remaining time.
      It took me 2 freaking hours to run through it once!
      I was freaking out so bad. I'm some you guys will handle it better than I did.

Comment

the same happened to me. Some real exam questions are harder then any of those ASM, Actex practice exam questions.

Comment

Hey beancounter I see that you live canada. How's the job market over there in canada? How's the pay compared to the pay you get in the US?

Comment

First, I have never worked in US. Second, I am looking for job too.

Hopefully, I can tell you about that after I pass MLC in Nov. Currently, it is hard to get a job here.
            BeanCounter
            Actuary.com - Level III Poster
            Last edited by BeanCounter; August 19 2011, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure it's hard to get a job everywhere nowadays.
              ''' good luck on the MLC exam.
              If you pass you won't have to worry about the additions to the MLC syllabus.

Comment

Thanks. good luck on your exam P.

The reason why I want to pass MLC this Nov partially is because of the upcoming changes next year.

On the contrary, possion process will be removed from the exam next year. It is not "addition" to the current syllabus. However, I heard that the notational difference is no fun.

Comment

Hey ronaldy27, I knew you would be fine. Congratulations!

Comment

haha thx TCB. Thx so much for believing in me. What's really crazy is that there were ppl who kinda doubted me but a lot of my friends knew I could do it.
                    That meant a lot to me. After I passed, it felt good bc I didn't let the $200 go down the drain but also I showed those who doubted me that I can do it.

Comment

That is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                      X