Date of the Spring 2006 Exam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of the Spring 2006 Exam?

This year the exam is on May 26, would it be safe to assume in Spring 2006 it will be around the same time?

Reason I ask is because I had planned to take Probability again next semester and a class that uses the Kellison book during spring of '06, but now Exam 1 is in early September so taking Prob over doesn't make sense anymore. I was just hoping my school schedule would provide me with some prep before the exam.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Albert
    This year the exam is on May 26, would it be safe to assume in Spring 2006 it will be around the same time?

Reason I ask is because I had planned to take Probability again next semester and a class that uses the Kellison book during spring of '06, but now Exam 1 is in early September so taking Prob over doesn't make sense anymore. I was just hoping my school schedule would provide me with some prep before the exam.

Thanks in advance.
    '''. Spring semester? That's way too far ahead - the spring exams haven't even been administered yet. You'll have to wait a few more months, but yeah, it will probably be around the same time, unless they get Exam FM computer-based by then (which I doubt).

Exam P won't only be offered in September ... I imagine they'll be offering it at least 3-4 times a year. So, you could probably expect the next testing of Exam P to be in December/January. Why wouldn't you want to take probability again as a review? And either way, you could always self-study these subjects, like many others not at actuarial schools do.

Comment

Originally posted by wat
      '''. Spring semester? That's way too far ahead - the spring exams haven't even been administered yet. You'll have to wait a few more months, but yeah, it will probably be around the same time, unless they get Exam FM computer-based by then (which I doubt).

Exam P won't only be offered in September ... I imagine they'll be offering it at least 3-4 times a year. So, you could probably expect the next testing of Exam P to be in December/January. Why wouldn't you want to take probability again as a review? And either way, you could always self-study these subjects, like many others not at actuarial schools do.
      Oh ya *smacks head*, I was planning on self-studying... I'd taken a prob/stat class, but perhaps I should retake intro to Prob.

I'm still new to considering an actuarial career, I'm 2 semesters away from having a BS in Computer Science and minor in Applied Math. I disliked the way my school presented Calculus and Differential Equations, but love Probability and playing with numbers... hope this is my true calling. Thanks wat!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
        Oh ya *smacks head*, I was planning on self-studying... I'd taken a prob/stat class, but perhaps I should retake intro to Prob.

I'm still new to considering an actuarial career, I'm 2 semesters away from having a BS in Computer Science and minor in Applied Math. I disliked the way my school presented Calculus and Differential Equations, but love Probability and playing with numbers... hope this is my true calling. Thanks wat!
        Anytime. I always liked probability. Maybe you've found your niche.

Comment

Working...
        X