Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASM vs Temple

Hi ,

I am planning to give Exam 2 in November and was thinking of buying one of the two mannuals, ASM or Temple.Could someone please suggest which is better and in wat ways ? I shall really apppreciate Your help on this.

Thanks and gud luk to everyone

Manuals for exam FM

I would appreciate it if you consider a manual I wrote for exam FM, available from New England Actuarial Seminars, http://www.neas-seminars.com. I hope it is helpful. It has a unique perspective on the new topics of duration, convexity, immunization and the yield curve, and practice exercises on these topics.

Yours,
    Krzys' Ostaszewski
    Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

It's hard to say which one is better since most people only get one study manual. I am working through the ASM manual and I can tell you that I like it. I learn mostly from working through problems and ASM has 600+ I think. However, I have no idea which manual is the best and which manual is the best for you.
      Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
        since most people only get one study manual.
        Not necessarily, and you'll find this more evident with the second 2 exams (M/3 and C/4). Personally, I am of the belief that one should have at least 2 manuals - in case one manual does not explain a point in depth sufficiently, the second manual will give a different view on the subject. Personally, I used 3-5 different manuals for Course 4 and 4-6 manuals for Exam M so far. I don't advocate getting that many manuals, but I simply like the idea of having a topic explainable in several different ways.

Comment

Working...
        X