X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wat
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken
    since most people only get one study manual.
    Not necessarily, and you'll find this more evident with the second 2 exams (M/3 and C/4). Personally, I am of the belief that one should have at least 2 manuals - in case one manual does not explain a point in depth sufficiently, the second manual will give a different view on the subject. Personally, I used 3-5 different manuals for Course 4 and 4-6 manuals for Exam M so far. I don't advocate getting that many manuals, but I simply like the idea of having a topic explainable in several different ways.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    It's hard to say which one is better since most people only get one study manual. I am working through the ASM manual and I can tell you that I like it. I learn mostly from working through problems and ASM has 600+ I think. However, I have no idea which manual is the best and which manual is the best for you.

Leave a comment:

• krzysio
    replied
    Manuals for exam FM

I would appreciate it if you consider a manual I wrote for exam FM, available from New England Actuarial Seminars, http://www.neas-seminars.com. I hope it is helpful. It has a unique perspective on the new topics of duration, convexity, immunization and the yield curve, and practice exercises on these topics.

Yours,
    Krzys' Ostaszewski

Leave a comment:

• Act18
    started a topic ASM vs Temple

ASM vs Temple

Hi ,

I am planning to give Exam 2 in November and was thinking of buying one of the two mannuals, ASM or Temple.Could someone please suggest which is better and in wat ways ? I shall really apppreciate Your help on this.

Thanks and gud luk to everyone
Working...
X