Exam question #10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam question #10

On Exam question # 10, why wouldn't you interpret "One-year forward rate for year two" as a one year deferred rate for year two starting at year two (so the implied rate for year three) instead of a one year deferred rate for year one starting at year two (implied rate for year two)?
    Last edited by Ken; May 27 2005, 04:33 PM. Reason: clarification
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Originally posted by Ken
    On Exam question # 10, why wouldn't you interpret "One-year forward rate for year two" as a one year deferred rate for year two starting at year two (so the implied rate for year three) instead of a one year deferred rate for year one starting at year two (implied rate for year two)?

One year forward rate for year 2 is the one year spot rate that occurs throughout year 2, ie. from time 1 to time 2.

Kellison used a similar example in his book.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I hope you don't mind pointing me towards a page number.
      Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
        I hope you don't mind pointing me towards a page number.
        page 312, third paragraph that begins with "In order..."

Comment

They've changed their answer key after they decided that this question was ambiguous.

Comment

Working...
          X