are old materials for course 2 good for "FM" exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are old materials for course 2 good for "FM" exam

the university library has materials for course 2. i was wondering whether they are still good for the new exam "FM".
    generally, how different is the new exam than the old course 2...?

it has been a while since i took exam 1, and i don't have any info about the changes.

thank you

Old exam 2

The items that cover topics included in the new exam FM are definitely good exercises for the new FM exam. In my manual for exam FM:
    http://www.neas-seminars.com/registration/
    I have included all of 2000-2004 published problems from Course 2 that are applicable to the new exam FM. Some of SOA exam 6 and CAS exam 8 are also
    applicable to the new exam FM, and I have also included those. And please do
    download the exercises I post here, in this forum.

Yours,
    Krzys'

Originally posted by palaremzi
    the university library has materials for course 2. i was wondering whether they are still good for the new exam "FM".
    generally, how different is the new exam than the old course 2...?

it has been a while since i took exam 1, and i don't have any info about the changes.

thank you
    Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

I would say the manuals for spring 2005 exam are good for fall 2005 exam. If you go farther back, the syllabus has considerably changed.
      Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Theory of interest

Most theory of interest problems from old exams are good for the new exam, and it is a good idea to get some duration/convexity/immunization problems from old exams SOA 6 and CAS 8. I would be VERY suprised if exam FM is ever again as easy as it was in May 2005, so I would be worried if you consider exam FM from May 2005 to be a benchmark.

Yours,
        Krzys'

Originally posted by Ken
        I would say the manuals for spring 2005 exam are good for fall 2005 exam. If you go farther back, the syllabus has considerably changed.
        Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Originally posted by krzysio
          Most theory of interest problems from old exams are good for the new exam, and it is a good idea to get some duration/convexity/immunization problems from old exams SOA 6 and CAS 8. I would be VERY suprised if exam FM is ever again as easy as it was in May 2005, so I would be worried if you consider exam FM from May 2005 to be a benchmark.

Yours,
          Krzys'
          I would be worried if May 2005 for FM was a bench mark too.
          Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Working...
          X