BA II Plus Calculater question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA II Plus Calculater question

How long does it take to learn this thing well enough so that it is useful on the exam? I bought it but haven't learned how to use it yet. I tried calculating an IRR problem with it and found it easy to use for that, but it seems like there is a lot to learn. I don't want to waste valuable study time if it is going to take too long to learn but I would also like to cut down calculation time if it isn't too difficult to learn. Anyone know how to use it and willing to give some advice?

It's pretty straight forward. Put in your values and hit compute. I skimmed through the manual that comes with the calculator.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Use it while computing practice problems. I found that this was the easiest way to learn it.

Comment

The best calculator

Originally posted by bv12
        How long does it take to learn this thing well enough so that it is useful on the exam? I bought it but haven't learned how to use it yet. I tried calculating an IRR problem with it and found it easy to use for that, but it seems like there is a lot to learn. I don't want to waste valuable study time if it is going to take too long to learn but I would also like to cut down calculation time if it isn't too difficult to learn. Anyone know how to use it and willing to give some advice?
        The best calculator to use on an actuarial exam is a calculator you know very well. Invest some time in getting to know your calculator, as this will pay off on the exam and on other exams you will take later using that calculator. The idea of using it continuously while studying is an excellent one, someone suggested it here. Learning all the functions of your calculator process is a part of your valuable study process.

Good luck.
        Yours,
        Krzys'
        Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

SOmewhere on the SOA website I believe is a downloadable file called 'Review of Calculator Functions for the Texas Instruments BA II Plus' by Samuel Broverman. I don't remember exactly where, but it's a pdf (I think) and I know I downloaded this file from somewhere.

It gives a thorough explanation of the calculator functions as needed for the exam with practice problems so you can be sure you are using it correctly.

Knowing how to use your calculator will help immensely with the exam!

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by crayolaab
            SOmewhere on the SOA website I believe is a downloadable file called 'Review of Calculator Functions for the Texas Instruments BA II Plus' by Samuel Broverman. I don't remember exactly where, but it's a pdf (I think) and I know I downloaded this file from somewhere.

It gives a thorough explanation of the calculator functions as needed for the exam with practice problems so you can be sure you are using it correctly.

Knowing how to use your calculator will help immensely with the exam!

Good luck.
            Broverman's explanation is at the bottom of this page:

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams...-2005-exam-fm/
            act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

Working...
            X